International Journals and Magazines
- P. Bellavista, A. Corradi, L. Foschini, "IMS-based Presence Service with Enhanced Scalability and Guaranteed QoS for Inter-Domain Enterprise Mobility", IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, SI on Enterprise Mobility Services, Vol. 16, No.3, pages 16-23, Jun. 2009.
- P. Bellavista, A. Corradi, L. Foschini, "IMS-Compliant Management of Vertical Handoffs for Mobile Multimedia Session Continuity", IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 48, No.4, pages 114-121, Apr. 2010.
- L. Foschini, T. Taleb, A. Corradi, D. Bottazzi, "M2M-Based Metropolitan Platform for IMS-Enabled Road Traffic Management in IoT", IEEE Communications Magazine, SI on The Internet of Things, Vol. 49, No. 11, pages 50-57, Nov. 2011.
- P. Bellavista, G. Cardone, A. Corradi, L. Foschini, "The Future Internet Convergence of IMS and Ubiquitous Smart Environments: an IMS-Based Solution for Energy Efficiency", Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Elsevier Science, SI on Intelligent Algorithms for Data-Centric Sensor Networks, Vol. 35, No. 4, Jul. 2012.
International Conferences and Workshops
- P. Bellavista, A. Corradi, L. Foschini, "An IMS Vertical Handoff Solution to
Dynamically Adapt Mobile Multimedia Services", Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC'08), pages 764-771, Marrakesh, Morocco, July 6-9, 2008, IEEE Computer Society Press.
- P. Bellavista, A. Corradi, L. Foschini, "An IMS-based Middleware Solution for Energy-Efficient and Cost-Effective Mobile Multimedia Services", Proceedings of the 2nd International ICST Conference on MOBILe Wireless MiddleWARE, Operating Systems, and Applications (MOBILWARE'09), pages 280-294, Berlin, Germany, April 28-29, 2009, Springer Lecture Notes of ICST series.
- P. Bellavista, A. Corradi, L. Foschini, "Enhancing the Scalability of IMS-based Presence Service for LBS Applications", Proceedings of the 33rd IEEE International Computer Software and Applications Conference, (COMPSAC'09), Vol. 1, pages 29-36, Seattle, Washington, USA, July 20-24, 2009, IEEE Computer Society Press.
- P. Bellavista, A. Corradi, L. Foschini, "Understanding and Enhancing the Scalability of IMS-based Services for Wireless Local Networks", Invited paper in the Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Wireless Local Networks (WLN'09), held in conjunction with the 34th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN'09), pages 1033-1039, Zurich, Switzerland, October 23, IEEE Computer Society Press.
IHMAS Audio Adaptation and Session Continuity
- S. Parcaroli, "Supporto all'erogazione di Servizi Multimediali in IP Multimedia Subsystem", B. Sc. Thesis (in Italian), December 2007.
- L. Nardelli, "Infrastruttura di Supporto per Controllo di Sessione per Servizi Continui", B. Sc. Thesis (in Italian), July 2007.
IHMAS PS Optimizations
- G. Camarillo and M.A. García-Martín , The 3G IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)– Second Edition, Wiley, 2006.
- A. Dutta et al., “Mobility Testbed for 3GPP2-Based Multimedia Domain Networks”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 45, no. 7, Jul. 2007.
- L. Skorin-Kapov et al., “Application-Level QoS Negotiation and Signaling for Advanced Multimedia Services in the IMS”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 45, no. 7, Jul. 2007.
- T.T. Kwon et al., “Mobility management for VoIP service: Mobile IP vs. SIP”, IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 5, Oct. 2002.
- M. Stemm and R.H. Katz., “Vertical Handoff in Wireless Overlay Networks”, Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 3, no. 4, Kluwer, Jan. 1998.
- M.E. Kounavise et al., “Design, implementation, and evaluation of programmable handoff in mobile networks”, Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 6, no. 5, Kluwer, Sept. 2001.
- V. Bharghavan et al., “The TIMELY adaptive resource management architecture”, IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 5, no. 4, Aug. 1998.
- H. Schulzrinne and E. Wedlund, “Application-layer mobility using SIP”, ACM Mobile Computing and Communications Review, vol. 4, no. 3, Jul. 2000.
- D. Vali et al., “An efficient micro-mobility solution for SIP networks”, IEEE GLOBECOM, 2003.
- S.K. Das, “SIP-based vertical handoff between WWANs and WLANs”, IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 3, Jun. 2005.
- N. Banerjee et al., “SIP-based Mobility Architecture for Next Generation Wireless Networks”, IEEE PerCom, 2005.
- C. Kalmanek et al., “A Network-Based Architecture for Seamless Mobility Services”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 44, no. 6, Jun. 2006.
- A. Udugama et al., “NetCAPE: Enabling Seamless IMS Service Delivery across Heterogeneous Mobile Networks”, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 45, no. 7, Jul. 2007.
- P. Bellavista et al., “Context-Aware Handoff Middleware for Transparent Service Continuity in Wireless Networks”, Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal, Elsevier Science, vol. 3, no. 4, Aug. 2007.
- P. Bellavista et al., “The ubiQoS Middleware for Audio Streaming to Bluetooth Devices”, IEEE/ACM Mobiquitous, 2004.
- ITU Recommendation, “Method for the subjective assessment of intermediate quality level of coding systems”, ITU-R BS.1534-1, 2003.
- P. Seeling et al., “Network Performance Evaluation Using Frame Size and Quality Traces of Single-Layer and Two-Layer Video: A Tutorial”, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 6, no. 2, Third Quarter 2004.
Please refer to the code the Source Code page.
(c) 2010 University of Bologna. Permission to make digital or hard copies of all or part of the above theses for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission.